I wanted to share with you my extravaganza weekend, hehe. To start with; we went to an auction Friday after getting home from working all day. I couldn't wait for the day to come as we have had a wonderful time going to the auctions in Courtland, Va. We live only a few minutes away from the place we go to. This week we found several furniture pieces we liked and won by being the highest bidder. Our favorite piece has be this hutch/server. The pictures below are taken 'before cleaning and after cleaning' the server. We won with a bid of $75.00 what at a steal. This piece is solid wood that appears to be variations of walnut I think. Ragardless of what it is made from I love this piece and I've had my eye on it for 2 weeks now, but it never went up for auction, until this week. I think everyone there was shocked at the price we won it with and it fits so well in our new home. We are blessed.
We also purchased a dining room hutch and a wardrobe for our bedroom. They were awesome deals at the auction.
I also went to the Creative Keepers Scrapbook Convention (CKC) that was held in Virginia Beach on Friday and Saturday. Of course I went on Saturday, I had a blast hanging out with my daughter as we scavenged through the rows of vendors at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. I learned all sorts of things that will help me be a better scrapper. Once we were done at the CKC we when to Anna's house where I finished the leaves for my swap that was due that day. The flowers that had come in for the MPTS swap was wonderful, everyone that has sent the flowers have done an outstanding job on them. I can't wait to get mine.
Finally, today we got news that our niece had her baby girl on Saturday. We went to see her today and they are doing well. She has a beautiful daughter now and she is going to be a great mother. While visiting her and the baby; the family was able to get pictures of 5 generations together. That will be an event that will be remembered by all. I am now heading off to neverland as I have to be up early in the morning for work. I hope all of you have a great week.




No comments:
Post a Comment